Sunday, November 22, 2009

My many many Blessings.

Sometimes I overlook all of my many blessings and don't say thank you enough. Well, it is Thanksgiving week so I thought I would share everything I'm thankful for. This might be a long post.

First off I'm thankful for Joey. I really have been blessed beyond words when it comes to my wonderful husband. He is an AMAZING man. I love how hard of a worker he is and how he doesn't settle for average. He brings out the best in me and always supports me. He makes me smile and laugh at least 10 times a day. He has the patience of a saint and is very laid back (unlike his wife, who probable could tune it down a bit). We have so much in common (including our goofy side) and I can never spend enough time with him. I'm so thankful for our life together.

Next is my family. I love my family. They taught me so many things in life and I know it played a huge part in the person I am today. They support me in every part of my life. As I have grown up my parents and my sister have become some of my closest and trusted friends. I appreciate all of the advice they give me. I know I can be difficult at time and I just want to say thank you guys for keeping me :)

I'm thankful for my married family. Not only did they give me Joey but they have given me a family I love. I have learned so so much from this family over the last three years. I love the friendships I have with Joey's parents and siblings. I love how wonderful my nieces and nephews are. It has been so fun to watch them grow and see them become individuals. I'm so grateful this wonderful family welcomed me with open arms and that I was able to become a member. I love being a Burger. :)

Next is my friends. ALL of my friends (family members, old friends and new ones). I have met some amazing people in my 23 years of living. There are times that I don't see/talk to my friends as often as I should but I know that they are still my very good friends and will always be. I have some pretty crazy/funny/happy/silly memories because of these friendships and I will always cherish them.

Kayla..... this single name sums up a lot of happiness in my life. I know it's odd to love a dog as much as I love her, but I don't care!!! She is a very good companion and is very helpful when I need her. She keeps me company when Joey is out of town. She keeps me warm at night when I don't have my heater to sleep with (Joey). Kayla keeps me in shape by insisting we go on frequent walks/runs. I never have to pick up things I drop while I'm cooking because she is an excellent garbage disposal. She lets me know when someone is at the door or even walking by the house. She sits on my feet when I'm doing homework and keeps them warm. She wakes me up at around 7 every morning (this will come in handy if my alarm doesn't go off) and she's just a pretty darn good dog.

I'm thankful for school. I know that nursing school is very stressful and I can't wait to be done. I often wish I could just jump two years ahead but I know I can't. I think Joey can't wait until it's done either. But I'm thankful that I'm able to be able to go. I thankful that I'm able to better my self and help other people.

Finally, I'm thankful for mine and Joey's health. I so glad that we are able to live the life we do. We are able to work and enjoy our selves. I know there are many people that don't have this and I will never take this blessing for granted. There are the little things I'm thankful for too. Like living where we do, being able to make everyday choices. Like I said before I have a wonderful/blessed/amazing life and all I can say is Thank You.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I hope this finds everyone in good health. I'll hopefully blog again soon.

1 comment:

JaNae said...

And I am thankful to have you as part of our family. We love you!